Every month, make sure you are sharing your successes, improvements, challenges and top content. This is also a great time to show trending data or big wins. Your Rival IQ monthly analysis and reporting only takes a few minutes to put together and send out to the broader marketing team or leadership.
Be sure to follow these steps at the end of every month.
#1: Analyze SEO Keyword Rankings
Goal: Identify keywords performing the best for me and my competition
Outcome: Collaborate with the Web team and start using top-performing keywords in social posts and blogs
Steps to take:
- Go to SEO “My Keywords” report: https://www.rivaliq.com/seo#tabs/focus-company
- Review the keywords driving the most traffic to my website. Ask yourself these questions:
- What’s really working?
- Any major movement up or down?
- Any cool landing pages I’m not leveraging in my social media or blogs?
- Now review the Landscape Keywords report: https://www.rivaliq.com/seo#tabs/landscape
- Review Keywords in Common. Ask yourself – How can I help us get ahead of the competition with these terms by using them more in social media or other content marketing?
- Analyze the Top Keywords Where You Don’t Rank: These are terms your competition is ranking on page 1 or 2 but you are not showing up in the top 20.
- Put your plan together:
- Capture the keywords you need to start emphasizing in your content plan.
- Coordinate with your writers, social media manager, web team, etc.
- Start a monthly keyword focus campaign based on the Rival IQ report that you send out the beginning of each month!
#2: Conduct a Monthly Brand Audit (for large enterprises)
Goal: Manage cross-company brands and positioning and ensure policy adherence.
Outcome: Take action and fix any off brand presence, messages or content. Recognize those sub-brands doing a great job.
Steps to take:
- To do this, you will first need to set up a Market Landscape of all of your organization’s brands and sub-brands on social media. If you haven’t done this, it’s your first step!
- Once step 1 is done, Go to Cross-Channel Bios: https://www.rivaliq.com/analyze#social_positioning.
- Review all brand and sub-brand positioning across each channel (here’s an example using Microsoft brands).
- Communicate and request action for any off-brand or off-policy positioning or content.
- Export reports to include in monthly report (see step #4 below)
#3: Analyze and Recognize Top Social Content (for large enterprises)
Goal: Promote cross company learning and content improvement.
Outcome: An integrated approach to social content and shared best practices across teams, product groups and social media managers.
Steps to take:
- To do this report, you will have needed to set up a Market Landscape of all of your organization’s brands and sub-brands on social media. If you haven’t done this, it’s your first step!
- Go to Cross-Channel Detailed Metrics: https://www.rivaliq.com/analyze#cross_channel_social
- Set your Date Range for “Last Month”
- See where the team members have made the biggest impact. Has someone really rocked social follower growth this past month? Has somebody really exceeded the average in engagement rate?
- Export the charts that show the top performers.
- Next, go to Detailed Metrics for one of the social networks, such as Instagram:
- Hover over the charts until you see “view content” and then click on that link to see the content behind the engagement performance.
- Export or copy and paste that top content.
- Create and share a report (or include with your monthly report below) giving kudos and best practices lessons for the team.
#4: Prepare and Share a Quarterly Report
Goal: Show key benchmarks, success metrics, areas of improvement, competitive movement, etc.
Outcome: An informative report everyone looks forward to receiving. Easy inclusion in monthly operations reviews, business reviews, marketing meetings, etc.
Steps to take:
- Establish your monthly report (use one of Rival IQ’s set of reports: https://www.rivaliq.com/reports – or create your own set: https://www.rivaliq.com/analyze#favorites). We recommend including both social and SEO content. Be sure to include key trending reports you can create under Create Custom Charts: https://www.rivaliq.com/analyze#create
- Export your report(s) to PowerPoint or PDF
- Include with other marketing slides or share with colleagues/boss via email.
- Our research shows these key metrics are reported on a monthly basis by most marketers:
- Social Media Audience and Audience Growth
- Social Media Activity
- Social Media Engagement
- Top Social Content
- Top Social Influencers and Potential Reach of Mentions